THE LIVE WORLD MUSIC AND INTERFAITH FESTIVAL
3 7 JULY 2003
& 7-10 July 2003
TCHADAN - Republic of Tuva - Siberia - Russia
Ministry of Culture, Republic of Tuva
Government KABU-LAMA, Republic of Tuva
Tuvan Region Section of
Siberian People Cathedral
AIM OF THE FESTIVAL
- Raising funds for the reconstruction of the Buddhist temple USTU-HURE in
Tchadan who has been completely destroyed by the Soviet Union Communism.
- The live music will help to strengthen humanism and understanding in this
- The Festival provides possibilities for young musicians to play, to talk and
to exchange information.
- To draw the attention of the public and the specialists to the perfect
performances on traditional and classic music instruments by ensembles, groups
- Discovery of new names of composers, interpreters and soloists of all forms
of music, from song to composition.
- To support the musicians by the mass media.
- The basic idea is to support Buddhism in Tuva with the profit of the Festival
(after the expenses of the Festival have been covered).
THURSDAY 3 JULY 2003
12:00 – Registration for the participation at the Festival and allocation of
space and place for all musicians and all guests
20:00 – Meeting of the participants and the organizers
FRIDAY 4 JULY 2003
09:00 – Igor Dulush is meeting the leaders of all the groups
10:00 – Carnival Defilé of Marching Bands in the town of Tchadan
16:00 – The Administration of the Town of Tchadan is receiving all the musicians
18:00 – Beginning of the Festival
SATURDAY 5 JULY 2003
09:00 – Excursion to the temple “MAITREA” and visiting the Museum “BUJAN BADERGY”
14:00 – Festival
SUNDAY 6 JULY 2003
09:00 – Visiting the temple “USTU-HURE”
18:00 – Gala concert and rewards for the winners and laureates of the Festival
as well as rewards for the winners of the Human Year 2002 for their social
engagement in the newspaper “Center of Asia”
23:00 – Jam session (all night)
MONDAY 7 JULY 2003
08:00 – Departure to the lake of “SUT-CHOL” (milk lake)
FOR 3 DAYS
7 – 10 JULY 2003
- Ancient Shaman Rituals by AI-TCHOUREK and members of the Shaman Center TOS DEER
- Buddhist Rituals
- Ancient Tuvan Horse Races
- National Wrestling
- Music Master Classes (workshops)
- Informal contacts, cultural exchange, relaxing, swimming, climbing the mountains
“KYZYL TAIGA” and “BORA TAIGA”
All musicians of ensembles, groups or orchestras, from amateurs to professionals
of all music genders and styles like Rock, Folk, Pop, Avantgarde, Jazz etc. are
welcomed to participate at the USTU-HURE Festival.
One work out of each collective performance will be dedicated to the temple
USTU-HURE and thus participates in the competition for the best musician and the
best composition. The duration of the piece is 30-40 minutes.
All music has to be live music. Alcohol and drugs are not permitted!
The organizers will nominate the members of the jury.
- The best spiritual composition dedicated to the temple USTU-HURE
- The best Rock group
- The best Pop group
- The best Folk group
- The best Avantguarde group
- The best composer
- The best artistic interpretation
- The best male voice
- The best female voice
- The best instrumental solists – 10 rewards
For further informations in Russian or English please e-mail to:
RUSSIAN HOME PAGE
EUROPEAN HOME PAGE
http://www.uncool.ch ŕ USTU-HURE